Monday, May 26, 2008

Working on the flat

David and I have been working on the flat with help from the boys Caine (Builder), Stephen (Electrician) & Andrew (Plumber) not to mention our lovely friend Ben who kindly offered his valuable hands to lift rubbish - and believe me this was no mean feat as our whole second room was filled will one kind of building waste or another.

Its starting to take shape and looks less like a building site... walls have been knocked down and new ones put up - Caine has built us a masterpiece of a shower with Andrew slogging his guts out to get the new pipes in before flying off to Egypt for a holiday adventure.

David and I finished off the remainder of the rubbish removal today and Stephen started wiring up the new lighting for the bathroom, hall way and living room, through the false ceiling Caine put in... Ryan you would be very proud, we are having a false ceiling with down lights in the living room/kitchen and the bathroom.

I will up date this with more photos tomorrow as we stupidly didn't take our camera with us today... but it is in the bag to take tomorrow so more pictures will be had then.

Meanwhile, I know you all feel a bit out of touch at home as I understand it is not easy to relate to a building project when you have never seen it before. So I will try to update this as much as possible and take lots of pictures to keep you as best informed as I can.

I attach a map of the area where the house is in the LINKS section to the right - the flat is where the big red arrow is pointing.

Email me if you would like the exact address.

As you can see we are very close to Battersea Park which is just on the south side of the Thames - see the Battersea Park map in LINKS for perspective.

If you walk across the river you will end up in Chelsea, I will most likely do any high street shopping along the Kings Road and then if i walk a little further, down the famous fashion street Sloane Street - it will take me to Knightsbridge and altogether it will probably only take about 45 minutes to walk to work - this is a guess as i have not yet tried but only another 5 weeks of work on the house and we should be in.

For now, you should be able to find the pictures in the LINKS section called "The Flat" or there is a slide show at the bottom of this page which should link to my photos if you double click the picture.

Would love to hear any comments you might have. x

No comments: