Saturday, May 31, 2008

The Plasterboard

Another week and the flat is now starting to take tangible form… Caine, David and Leroy worked their little butts off to haul, lift and fit the plasterboard into place. You can see pictures of Caine and Leroy in action on The Plaster Board set of photos to be found in the LINK section on the right hand side.

The plaster has nearly completed the living room, kitchen and bathroom… basically all the new walls that went up earlier this week have now been covered. It is now for David and I to prep the rest of the flat. This weekend we will be at the flat as much as possible, scoring, steaming and scrapping the wallpaper from the hallway and the two bedrooms. Although finding a great technique and removing more wallpaper than I thought was likely I have managed to scuff the skin off my little finger. Oh the woes of manual labour.

On a not about the flat note, I won tickets to a Mark Knopfler concert at the Royal Albert Hall and I managed to drag David along on Wednesday this week just gone. It was very good, he played Romeo & Juliet, Sultans of Swing, So Far Away, Calling Elvis, Money For Nothing and lots of note Dire Straits songs. It was a very enjoyable evening out - memories of driving to the Hunter Valley and looking at the countryside came flooding back. Dad you would have loved it, and probably fit in a little better as most of the audience was around your age. :o)

Anyway enough for now, I will update the picture set tomorrow as I am sure we can get some more pictures then. Do let me know how these updates are working out for you it would be lovely to hear from you all.

No comments: